Friday, March 26, 2010

Fridays Favorite

Signing a deal, one of my favorite things!!! That is what we did just last night. It is turning out to be a crazy busy year, and I am really excited to share all of this with you, client by client and step by step.

The home we sold yesterday is the west side of an inner city duplex that we are building. Now both sides are sold so we can start the process with out having to worry about making it appealing to the masses. We purchased the lot for the clients that bought the other side of the duplex, they HAD to be on this specific street. Just so happened that there was an empty lot, with drawings, and a development permit in place. While all of that is great and saves us a lot of time the plans were horrid. So I had my work cut out for me.

Here is what the original builder had planned...
23aveNWVerfrtelev.jpg picture by mamanzardo

And here is what I spent all day yesterday working on, just a rough sketch but it is the starting point. The exterior will be cladded in ledge stone, mahogany siding, and acrylic stucco...
ExteriorSketch521923AveNW.jpg picture by mamanzardo

The clients were floored and beyond happy with the new exteriors and revised layouts. It is considered a West Coast Contemporary home, a style we haven't built in a long time, so I am excited to add this to our portfolio...and just wait till you see what I have planed for the interior of the home!!!

Enjoy your weekend!! Mel xoxo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors