Monday, August 23, 2010

Two tone windows, so tempting...

We did two tone windows in a home about 5 years ago, loved them then and I still do. Now that I am having to brainstorm and get some selections made for our own home I need to pin this down since the windows are one of the first things that we order.

 Image via My Home Ideas

The windows typically take 6 - 8 weeks for production and I will need to decide on screen & hardware color before production begins, we wouldn't want white screens and cranks on dark windows now would we?

Image my own

The more images that I see (and there are not that many) the more I think I want to incorporate it into the main level of the home.

 Image via Atlanta Home & Lifestyle

If we do go painted I wouldn't use such a harsh black; it would need to be a soft black, a color that would help soften the lines of the windows.

 Image via Atlanta Home & Lifestyle

Or it could be stained since the windows are hemlock fir on the interior, another option that would give it a less modern feel, a way to warm up the environment.

 Image via BHG

Oh decisions, decisions. Have I mentioned how much I do not enjoy doing this for myself??  I know, I could have worse things to consider, but with the options out there and loving everything it can be hard to pinpoint exactly what I want to do, so bare with me over the next few months...and my rambling. :) 

Image via Elle Decor

The weekend went by way too fast for my liking, hopefully this week will as well. Enjoy your day! Mel xo


© 2013 Veranda Interiors