Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Our Appliances: Check

OK, so I have finalized one aspect of the home besides the floorplan...the appliances. Here is what I ended up with after a lot of searching and some begging.


Fridge: Sub-Zero 48" Built-In
I looked at all of the built-in options. Kitchen Aid, Thermador, Viking, all of them, none compared to the design and space that this one has. I didn't go for the ice & water dispenser since I really don't want to look at it. So one downfall is the ice compartment in the freezer, but I have that covered.


Ice Maker: Kitchen Aid 15"
Remember when I said I have the ice thing covered above...yeah, with this that will be built into our butlers pantry. Since we entertain a lot this is a requirement.


Range Top: Thermador 48" 6 Burner + Griddle
Hello lover, I really have nothing else to say abut this. Well, one thing, I am getting the blue knobs, it is my punch of color and I just think they are more fun than the standard silver ones that come with it.


Venting System: Vent-A-Hood 600 cfm Liner
I am working on my WOW factor with the range hood, it will be something special that you will have to wait and see, but this will be the liner in it...the lighting it gives off is fab and it is so quiet I might even use it!


Wall Ovens: Kitchen Aid 30" Double Wall Oven
We have had Thermador, we have had Wolf, but I still swear by my Kitchen Aid. Best bang for your buck. Great even heating and I am a sucker for the bright blue interior.


Dishwasher: Bosch 800 Series with custom panel
The same dishwasher I have had in our last 3 homes, even in out cabin. There was no questions about this. I did opt for the panel over the steel look, much cleaner in my opinion. AND the hidden controls, if you have children this is a must, it takes the novelty out of playing with the dishwasher.


Microwave & Trim Kit: Panasonic 
To be honest I really wasn't concerned about this appliance since it is going to be built into our pantry cabinetry and hidden from guest view.


There you have it, I can check that off the list! Now I can start the cabinet design, let the fun part begin!! Have a great one. Mel xo

© 2013 Veranda Interiors