Monday, September 27, 2010

Project Updates...

Here are some project updates, make sure your coffee is full, there is a lot going on here...


Wexford 1: SOLD!

This spec home was just sold at the framing stage. The pics below were taken right after the insulation was completed. 



All of the cabinet renderings are finalized and I am meeting with the finisher on site tomorrow to review. Here is what is going to be going on in the Kitchen. It will be lacquered a beautiful crisp white, shaker style cabinet doors, and up to the 10' ceiling. I originally had a more detailed design for the cabinetry but the clients are wanting a more modern look for the home.


We also have all of the interior selections made for the home. All painted white wood work throughout the home, gray stained hardwood throughout the main & upper levels of the home including both staircases. It is going to be one show stopper when it is completed. Below is the granite & backsplash, we are going for a larger format subway style tile but it will be laid in rows, not a brick pattern for something a bit different.


Montgomery: FRAMING COMPLETED

Framing is almost completed, the last thing is the deck which will be done tomorrow. Also the massive retaining wall was poured last week, there is more steel in that wall than some buildings in this city, thank you Mr. Engineer. Here are a couple of images from when they brought out the boom to pour the back wall.


This past Saturday I met with my amazing clients to make their interior selections. FABULOUS is all I have to say, I am really excited to see this home, especially the kitchen come together. They decided on a marble countertop called Manhattan White and with this we found a beautiful marble backsplash that you can see below. It is going to balance so well with the white perimeter cabinets, gray island, and grayish marble. Are you as excited as I am to see this home come together?!?!


Wexford 2: EXCAVATED

This past week we started another home in the community of Wexford. A more modern exterior than the one above. It is going to be quiet stunning with the combination of cedar, stucco, & stone. Here is a front rendering of what will eventually be built.


My head is already gearing up to tackle the interior of this home...hummm, what should I do??? And since there was going to be a big ol' machine on the lot excavating I packed up the boys and took them out to see it, W was ready to try and operate it...not yet little man.


Our home: WAITING GAME

Since we have had a LOT of rain in the past few weeks everyone is behind schedule, mostly the excavators and cribbers, the first two to come and work on the lot. We are planning on breaking ground some time next week, fingers crossed. I have made most of my interior selections already and the windows have been ordered, but that is another post...stay tuned.

Lynx Ridge: WAITING GAME 2

I don't think I have mentioned this home before. It is going to be a gorgeous home. It is a pre-sale and the clients again are a dream (I am so lucky!). We have our permits and now we are just waiting for the excavator to catch up. The clients are very traditional with the style they are wanting, it will be a nice change for me, something I am really looking forward to. Here is a rendering of the exterior of this home, we have added quiet a bit of stone that is not shown on the plan, but this will give you an idea of what is to come.

All Images Property of Veranda Interiors

Whew, can you tell I have had a lot on the go lately?? Busy times and I am not complaining one bit, this is when I thrive and my creativity grows. I am so excited about every single one of these jobs and I know that the clients are going to be blown away with what they will eventually call home. Hope your weekend was filled with sun & fun! Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors