Thursday, September 2, 2010

Solid slab backsplash

One feature that the hubs and I are considering if we go with a white marble countertop in the kitchen that I discussed HERE is also using the same material as a backsplash, solid slabs to showcase the beauty of the material.

 Image via DecorPad

It works with the marble since is it has just the right amount of movement. Not too much like some granites can, it is a piece of art work just wanting to be admired.

Image via DecorPad

With the simple color pallet you are allowed to take notice of the cabinet details, lighting selection, and overall feel of the kitchen.

Image via HGTV.com

Even with wood it works, it doesn't have to be paired with an all white kitchen like most 
of the images that I found.

Image via Houzz

And this one is my all time favorite kitchens by Brook & Steve at Velvet & Linen. The marble takes centerstage without distracting you too much from the beautiful cabinetry, custom hood, ceiling detail, and dual islands *sigh*.

Image via Velvet & Linen

While the cost will be more I think this is one area where a splurge is appropriate. I, like most people spend most of my time in the kitchen and since it is an open concept plan to the great room I need it to have that jaw dropping wow factor. What are your thoughts, take it or leave it?? Have a fab day! Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors