Monday, November 1, 2010

Kitchen element 3....

Remember THIS post from a couple of months ago about my love for a solid slab backsplash? Well, I am going for it. The quote wasn't as terrible as I thought and I know that it will be worth every penny. 

Image via Decor Pad

Now my decision is what marble to go with since there are many to chose from right now. Here are the slabs I am considering, all very different and beautiful in their own right. 

Statuario Marble
 This is what I am leaning towards, the veining is just stunning....


Bianco Carrara
 Your typical run of the mill white marble. One benefit, it is the least expensive, but besides that a bit overdone in my opinion...


Manhattan White
 This is the marble that is going in one of our Montogomery homes...loving it but possibly a bit too busy for the amount that we will have...


 Arabescato Vagli
  A new stone that our supplier just selected while in Italy, I have yet to see it in person, but I am think like the Manhattan White it may be too busy...


Calacatta Carrara 
Oh hello lover!! Another slab selected in Italy that I have yet to see in person. The main concern I have is in this photo there seems to be a rust spot on the upper left portion of the slabs. While we can work around that I need to see it in person first before making a firm decision.


Onice Mediceo
Now this one is not for my kitchen but I had to share this image with you. It is natural, not man made...I am so excited to see this slab in person when it arrive in Canada.


I think it will come down to seeing them all in person side by side. I want to make sure I select one that will work well with match-booking and also one that has some warmth to the tones. Are you drawn towards any particular slab that I posted here? If so let me know, I would love some input! Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors