Tuesday, November 30, 2010

No way, not a chance...

Here are a few things I would love to incorporate into the new home that received a 'No way, not a chance' response from Rob. Then he mentions this word that starts with a 'B', budget or something along those lines, when I does that I just pretend I don't speak English anymore.

The solid slab marble shower *sigh*. The Hubs was actually all for it until I got our quote back for the marble. I tried to justify it with the aspect of how easy it would be to keep clean (he is my shower cleaner), but that wasn't reason enough to persuade him.  

Image via Velvet & Linen

Hardwood in the laundry room. Hubs, you are letting me put it in the master bathroom but not the laundry room? Fine, but I can not change my selection of flooring that I have picked, doesn't everyone need a marble floor in their laundry room?

Image via Houzz

These beautiful silver leaf tiles that I wanted to incorporate into the wet bar or wine room in the basement. Why you ask? Well, I think the one and only reason is the $250 per sq. ft. price point, owch!

Image via Walker Zanger

This one makes me tear up a bit, the cedar roof. I am still holding out hope that some way, some how I will get a quote from the roofers that will not break the bank, but considering that cedar is currently 3 times the price of asphalt and 2 times the price of a rubber roof material I can pretty much cancel this on out. Don't worry, I am still mentioning it on a daily basis. Isn't it just lovely?

 Image via Brooks & Falotico

Wood burning interior fireplace. Why? We can't get good hardwood that burns nice and long here, that is excuse 1. It is very costly to install since I would not want a metal box insert but rather a stone one, excuse 2. Maintenance, excuse 3. We did compromise and are doing a wood burning fireplace on the deck, so all in all, I still get the smell & sounds of a wood burning.

Image via Carson Poetzl

Life will go on without these items and I know that the house is still going to be beyond amazing. Maybe I can keep this items in my back pocket for the next house? Have a wonderful day!!! Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors