Thursday, April 29, 2010

Almost there...

We got our plans back from the architect yesterday and I am really liking the exterior so far, they are slowly getting perfected and finished. Here is the rendering we have for the front elevations so far; it will be finished off with stucco, a stone & brick combination, timber detailing, and chevron style plank siding for the dormers. I am still trying to convince Rob to take the veranda and cedar trellis straight across the main section of the home...so far not successful.

Screenshot2010-04-28at40641PM.png picture by mamanzardo

The one thing I do need to decide on ASAP are the front doors. Iron or wood?? Thoughts and input are appreciated!!! Here are the 2 styles I have in mind, not the exact doors, but pretty good examples.

 Screenshot2010-04-28at45432PM.png picture by mamanzardo 
  6502_LO_lg.jpg picture by mamanzardo 

I have wanted iron doors like those on the top for years, but now that the time has come I am drawn to the wood ones on the bottom. I really do not enjoy selecting thing for our own home, I over analyze every little decision.

Enjoy your Thursday! I am hoping for some sunshine and for the snow to stop, Mother Nature must have forgotten about us up here. Mel :)
© 2013 Veranda Interiors