Monday, April 26, 2010

Oval intrigue...

As our home plans are coming together I find myself obsessed with the oval window. We have used them in homes before and I always find that they add charm and character that a standard shaped window can not give. An architectural interest from the exterior and the interior of the home, call it the oval intrigue.



Screenshot2010-04-25at90936PM.png picture by mamanzardo
Image via Eplans
houseanddesign0307_2.jpg picture by mamanzardo
 Image via House & Design
Visionscapes_oval_window.jpg picture by mamanzardo
Image via Vision Scapes

I know I do not want them in bedrooms, for the simple purpose that they would need to be covered, and since everyone in this home need absolute darkness to sleep it is not the best option.

 Screenshot2010-04-22at85011PM.png picture by mamanzardo
Image Via Houzz


   southernliving-bedroom-blue-fabric-.jpg picture by mamanzardo  
Image via Southern Living

There is always the bathroom, but it will not work with the master bath layout that we have. There is the option of the other bathrooms but I really want venting units in those spaces...so they are off the list as well.
 Screenshot2010-04-22at84904PM.png picture by mamanzardo
Image my own
 Southernliving-m.jpg picture by mamanzardo
Image via Southern Living

So with all that we are left with 2 possible locations for oval windows in our next home, both in hallways. One on the main level between the mud room & pantry and another on the upper level across from the laundry room. Will they be added...you will just have to come back and see!!

french_stair_window.jpg picture by mamanzardo
 Image via Barnes Vanze
   HouseBeautifulkotm-0209-xlg-6729726.jpg picture by mamanzardo
Image via House Beautiful

One of my favorite things about the oval window is the shadow that they cast. Itself is a work of art, so beautiful.
finehomebuilding190ft093-01_med.jpg picture by mamanzardo
Image via Fine Home Builders

While I was on my search for oval window images (which was a challenge I might add) I came across this phenomenal structure by Smolenicky & Partner. They took the oval window to the next level, hope you enjoy!
 DesignBoompartner_bath_house_3.jpg picture by mamanzardo 

smolenichy_partner_bath_house_1-525.jpg picture by mamanzardo   smolenichy_partner_bath_house_2-525.jpg picture by mamanzardo
Images via Greatfi

Hope you are ready for the week, I know I am ready for some java. Mel :)
© 2013 Veranda Interiors