Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sarah's House week 4

The most anticipated week on Sarah's House...the kitchen. For me it is more than the heart of the home, it is the space where creativity can run free. I always put my heart and soul into every kitchen design I do. I want to find out what the client is looking for and achieve that for them, after all, I hope to be invited back after they are all moved in for a fantastic meal!

The professional style range here is beautifully framed by the custom hood detail. Antique corbels were used to give this area the country feel that this home deserves.

 Screenshot2010-04-05at25535PM.png picture by mamanzardo
Image via HGTV

Not so sure about having antlers on my open shelving in the kitchen, but I can look past that since I am drawn to the beautiful back-splash and again, the antique corbels. Here is a great source for some beautiful corbels I found on ebay, I might be investing in a few for our cabin!

 Screenshot2010-04-05at25549PM.png picture by mamanzardo
 Image via HGTV

Notice the shorter cabinet in this image, great space for a baking center. The lowered counter makes rolling out dough and kneading bread easier for the vertically challenged, unlike myself.


 Screenshot2010-04-05at25520PM.png picture by mamanzardo
Image via HGTV

This pale yellow island is one of my favorite uses of colors in a kitchen I have seen in a long time. Just enough saturation without it screaming 'HEY, I'M  YELLOW'. The one thing that I will admit that is driving me up the wall in this image are the pendant lights. I personally would have stuck to 2 and had them centered on the island. The third pendant light on the right of the photograph is just a distraction. All in all though it was another beautiful room by the talented Sarah Richardson!!

Screenshot2010-04-05at25613PM.png picture by mamanzardo

 Images via HGTV

On a side note, we decided to drive by out lot last night. It was a beautiful evening and I finally got a great photo of the lot and all of the trees. On our way home we passed by a few of our neighbors, if you look closely to the second photo you can see 3 of them. Yep, the moose are are new neighbors, so excited to have beautiful wildlife right in our backyard.

24415_10150182687800201_656745200_1.jpg picture by mamanzardo    IMG_4853.jpg picture by mamanzardo

Hope your Tuesday is a good one, I am hoping to get a set or two of plans back for homes we have in the works today...waiting patiently...really, I am only checking my e-mail every 5 seconds. ;) Mel xoxo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors