Monday, April 5, 2010

Not your parents wallpaper...

My first mission, well, one of the first among many for our next home is selecting the wallpaper. Yep, you read me right, I said wallpaper. Everything in the design world comes back in style at one time or another, and it looks like wallpaper making a triumphant return with style and grace.

Below are some great images and inspiration to help get you in the mood...

 CelinedamontEimthumbphp.png picture by mamanzardo
 Image via Celine Damonte

 DecorPad7594ae5d1de9.jpg picture by mamanzardo
 Image via DecorPad


DecorPad0be8d3e1d033.jpg picture by mamanzardo
 Image via DecorPad

 Screenshot2010-03-16at62009PM.png picture by mamanzardo
Image via Houzz

I will need to hold back with my selections, like my lantern obsession I will have to keep reminding myself that less is more. I do know that the laundry room will be getting a great pattern; something fun, funky, and bright. After all, with 3 boys in this home I do wash a lot of clothing, so that space I dread spending time in might as well be as appealing as possible. Something similar to the image below would make even ironing seem fun.

 DecorPad87d1129c4e9e.jpg picture by mamanzardo
Image via Chloe

 DecorPad0380978315bf.jpg picture by mamanzardo
Image via Decor Pad

 DecorPad42365456b9ca-1.jpg picture by mamanzardo
 Image via DecorPad

 InteriorDecorateignette_5114.jpg picture by mamanzardo
 Image via Interior Decorate

For Robs office I do want to invoke a more masculine feel to it. In our current home we have a beautiful deep color but I am left wishing the walls were covered by something, so why not a beautiful grass-cloth like the image below.

DecorPad737a2ad80d5.jpg picture by mamanzardo
Image via DecorPad

Hope your Easter weekend was wonderful and filled with love...and not too much candy! ;) Mel xoxo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors