Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sarah's House week 5

This week Sarah tackled the dining room. I am not going to lie, I am not loving it, nor am I inspired one bit. To me it doesn't flow at all with the rest of the home. How can you go from a stunning bright white kitchen with a sunny yellow island to this?!?! Tell me, am I wrong??

I feel like I am looking at an image in a Better Homes & Garden magazine from 1992...

Screenshot2010-04-13at40730PM.png picture by mamanzardo
Image via HGTV

It is the wallpaper and area rug that Sarah chose that is completely throwing me off. I am a big fan of wallpaper when it is done right, remember THIS post? Look at the picture below, now envision it with a paper above the wainscoting in a brighter and more modern patern along with a natural fiber rug, such as a sisal...now that would have worked and flowed with the rest of the home.

Screenshot2010-04-13at40645PM.png picture by mamanzardo
Image via HGTV

I appreciate the use of antique corbels again and taller wainscoting, a stunning architectural feature that I love using in homes. Revisit this POST for some beautiful images that incorporate wainscoting. Also the window seat, they always make a room cozy and the additional seating is also a bonus!

Screenshot2010-04-13at40711PM.png picture by mamanzardo
Image via HGTV

Here is to hoping that next week doesn't leave me wanting more! Enjoy your mid-week and hopefully you are not covered in snow like we are here. Mel xoxo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors